Monthly stats for November:
- 4,800 new words of fiction written this month. 1
- 21 first drafts currently in progress (some untouched for a long time)
- 4 first drafts currently "ripening" before second draft. 2
- 3 second drafts currently in progress
- 1 second draft currently in the hands of "trusted readers."
- 4 third drafts currently in progress (again, some untouched for a while).
- 0 third drafts currently awaiting polishing.
- 1 fourth draft in currently in progress.
- 1 rewrite in progress of stories previously sent out, based on comments from friends.
- 2 rewrites (at request of editors) currently in progress.
- 10 stories currently submitted to markets3
- 2,400 words in shortest story currently submitted.
- 8,700 words in longest story currently submitted.
- 0 offers of publication received this month.
- Longest current wait without response: 165 days.4
1 Worst month all year. Bleh. Part of it is the holidays, but part of it is that I revised several story drafts this month, which often cuts the word-production count to chicken feed.
2Only completed one new first draft this month, a fantasy flash fic piece.
3This number should increase soon, as there are two new markets to which I want to submit this month (if I can finish stories in time to do it), and another that I want to attempt next month.
4 An anthology.