As I’ve seen others do here, I’m going to begin posting a monthly tally of words written, submissions made, etc., just to keep me honest.
Here’s the tally for March:
- 3,300 words of fiction written this month.*
- 10 stories currently submitted to markets
- 60 words in shortest story currently submitted.**
- 7,500 words in longest story currently submitted.
- 0 offers of publication received this month.
- 9 currently incomplete 1st drafts.***
- 2 1st drafts currently “ripening” to await 2nd draft.****
- 0 2nd drafts currently in the hands of “trusted readers.”
- 0 3rd drafts currently awaiting polishing.
* The word count is so low because I spent three weeks working on a conference paper. In February, by contrast, I wrote 20,000 words.
** The 60-word story was submitted to a drabble contest.
*** I always have a lot of 1st drafts “in progress,” until one of them really grabs me and I work on it obsessively.
**** I’m enforcing a six-week “ripening” period for 1st drafts at the moment.
Once I present this conference paper (only six days to go) I’ll be able to work on my second drafts and the two new stories I want to work on.
Leave a Reply